Batizado Day3 - EBC Idol
I really hate the traffic now. Magpapasko na nga.
One of the event workshops for the Batizado is the EBC (Escola Brasiliera Capoeira) Idol. It's a corny name... that's probably why it stuck. Basically... you have to compose your own music. I like to think that I have a good compilation of the lyric sheets that the performers handed out so we could sing along. Everyone is invited to join this. The winner of this contest gets to pitch his or her song against all the other songs being made by all the other countries. Tha last guy who won was Bugboy. I'm not surprised... he's always usually singing in the roda, with the music while training... so if anyone had a good grasp of Capoeira music.. it would be him. Do we get to text in our votes? :D I'd vote for all of them! It takes a lot of courage to go up front, sing your heart out (karaoke voices, Capoeira roda singers, pro singers) in front of everyone.
If I could type out all the lyrics from them... my oh my. Powerful stuff. Johnny gave me the copies that he collected so I could keep it for us... till next year. (These lyrics will sure help with the translations from English to Portugese, or we could always take up lessons from Macaca.) Bugsy came up with something interesting though... It strikes me as like a school song. Why not? We ARE a school!! Go Bugboy!
My inner thighs are killing me! See what happens in the roda??? You just keep jumping, hopping, dancing for an hour and you wake up the next day feeling like you did a million jumping jacks or something. Putting pants on this morning was a challenge.
I've been ingesting banana loaf, banana and mango shake and bananas. My muscles are stiff, but they don't hurt as much. So... I conclude that the banana-potassium vs lactic acid experiment... well... probably helped.
More on food-- Oh-em-gee. Albert and Pia brought food to further celebrate his birthday. So there was Lasagna, barbecue, biko, that CAKE(!).. lasagna... so cheesy and soft and beefy and smooth. (2 helpings, and an eye on the cheesy pan) The chocolate cake was gone before anyone knew it. It was rumored that Ramon ate a candle on purpose. Why? Must have been Albert's birthday wish, I don't know. Tina, Kry and I only got around to asking him if he really did it. Mestre Pano (the real one, I'm sure this time) took a bite off the biko and sort of just... drifted away with a schooled expression. Albert said that they didn't like too much sweets... seeing that it was something familiar, rice... hmmm let's just say he didn't go for seconds.
I feel bad about work. I feel like I just want to go to work just so I could go to Capoeira. Hehe... Shhh! Planning to leave an hour and a half earlier just to get to MPC. Traffic sucks like never before. You'd think that people started giving out cars to anybody the way Edsa is. Tough! Take care you all.
One of the event workshops for the Batizado is the EBC (Escola Brasiliera Capoeira) Idol. It's a corny name... that's probably why it stuck. Basically... you have to compose your own music. I like to think that I have a good compilation of the lyric sheets that the performers handed out so we could sing along. Everyone is invited to join this. The winner of this contest gets to pitch his or her song against all the other songs being made by all the other countries. Tha last guy who won was Bugboy. I'm not surprised... he's always usually singing in the roda, with the music while training... so if anyone had a good grasp of Capoeira music.. it would be him. Do we get to text in our votes? :D I'd vote for all of them! It takes a lot of courage to go up front, sing your heart out (karaoke voices, Capoeira roda singers, pro singers) in front of everyone.
If I could type out all the lyrics from them... my oh my. Powerful stuff. Johnny gave me the copies that he collected so I could keep it for us... till next year. (These lyrics will sure help with the translations from English to Portugese, or we could always take up lessons from Macaca.) Bugsy came up with something interesting though... It strikes me as like a school song. Why not? We ARE a school!! Go Bugboy!
My inner thighs are killing me! See what happens in the roda??? You just keep jumping, hopping, dancing for an hour and you wake up the next day feeling like you did a million jumping jacks or something. Putting pants on this morning was a challenge.
I've been ingesting banana loaf, banana and mango shake and bananas. My muscles are stiff, but they don't hurt as much. So... I conclude that the banana-potassium vs lactic acid experiment... well... probably helped.
More on food-- Oh-em-gee. Albert and Pia brought food to further celebrate his birthday. So there was Lasagna, barbecue, biko, that CAKE(!).. lasagna... so cheesy and soft and beefy and smooth. (2 helpings, and an eye on the cheesy pan) The chocolate cake was gone before anyone knew it. It was rumored that Ramon ate a candle on purpose. Why? Must have been Albert's birthday wish, I don't know. Tina, Kry and I only got around to asking him if he really did it. Mestre Pano (the real one, I'm sure this time) took a bite off the biko and sort of just... drifted away with a schooled expression. Albert said that they didn't like too much sweets... seeing that it was something familiar, rice... hmmm let's just say he didn't go for seconds.
I feel bad about work. I feel like I just want to go to work just so I could go to Capoeira. Hehe... Shhh! Planning to leave an hour and a half earlier just to get to MPC. Traffic sucks like never before. You'd think that people started giving out cars to anybody the way Edsa is. Tough! Take care you all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home