GEM

Shiny Sparkly Thing Must Have Precioussss

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Batizado -- Day 4

Today... I was early as heck. I left the office at around 5-ish and got there a little before 6. At least. People were there already... helping to distribute the freebies that the sponsors shelled out for the event. The Batizado giveaway consisted of some Dove products: 2 facial washes that will come in handy in the next few weeks, and my fave Dove body wash. Lucky! There were a couple of 10 percent off coupons from Chris sports (you have to buy something worth 1k though... So I'll think about that when I decide to buy myself one of those machines, or a sandbag... or a badminton racquet (bwahahaha). A cool Levi's tshirt, and a cute pink Havaianas keychain. The official Batizado tshirt came with, and even though it was labeled XS, it's obviously not girl-size. So imagine that the petite girls like Tina, Arlene, Chit, Pauline, Drinie...etc etc will be wearing jammies tomorrow. Oh well... knowing these kikay girls... they'll probably sport a knot in the front or something. It's the seamless kinda shirt so..... no telling where to actually modify it.

One of the highlights of the day is: I had STEAK. And not just the super cheapy kind either. Maya, Jhoanna and I left the office to have lunch at House of Mini's in Shangri-La. Except for the extremely, extremely, no-wonder-no-one-is-ordering-there, snooty and rude and unhelpful lady there... The regular, medium rare porterhouse swimming in gravy and butter hit the spot, and stopped the craving.

Best highlight of the day-- Big roda! Mestre Oscar sang the song he "wrote in 5 minutes" yesterday. We also revived some of the contestant's memorable (nakaka LSS) verses from EBC Idol yesterday. One of which is Zach's Escola Brasiliera de Capoeira, Camara.... Escola Brasiliera de Capoeira... and Aia's "VA va VA va VA... (something something something) yes, I have the lyric sheets here, but she's an accomplished singer, I can't type it out for the public. I already did them an injustice by copying 2 song mp3's from a friend. (I offered to pay them, but obviously it doesn't work that way... money has to pass through more hands than that) Anyway... I only got to play in the roda once. Which is good in a way... cause 1.) I wasn't wearing my abada, 2.) I was wearing my white bellbottoms. They're cute and all... but the flopsy ends are really not for martial arts. Albert and I finally had our rematch. This was way better than our last match... and even though I was just kicking my heart out (which will probably leave me wide open for take-downs tomorow) I need to bring up my defense and start on the combos. We played the Maculele as well... yikes... I pretty much forgot a lot of what we learned.

Mestre Ousado wants my Marie kitty keychain... awwwww. (Somehow I didn't see that coming) I'll see if there's one in Podium. Though I'm pretty sure that Marie would be one of the first few bottles taken since she's sooo cute and soooo white.

Yey! I got a pic with Mestre Ousado... I hope that I get more pics with the Mestres.. hehe.. yeah good luck with that... my phone cam is lousy. Since Mestre Ousado is getting a Marie kitty keychain, I briefly wondered what would be nice to give to the other Mestre's if ever. Sure, I'd love to part with the TMNT (MIP) from the Hardee's pitch... not sure what I could tell them... maybe I could tell them that the turtles are also doing Capoeira... see... Leonardo would definately be for Mestre Oscar for obvious leader-he made the school and all. Plus, Leo's somersault is almost as good as the Mestre's. Michelangelo would be for Mestre Pano. He likes his spinning on the floor tricks a lot. Mestre Ousado would probably be Donatello... you'd be surprised at what this guy could do, and Mestre Fantasma could be Raphael... since Raph is tossing his sai... we could pretend that's Fantasma's way of tossing you pointers. (Pointers, get it?)

Mom's birthday is on Sunday and someone already gave her cake. So.... should I get ice cream?? SANS RIVAL ICE CREAM!! Wooo!!!!! Gah.

Tomorrow's the big day. Wish me luck! :D Thanks! take care all... and drop by if you can.

1 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2006 3:28 AM, Blogger Cientista said…

    hi gem - seeing as your such a fan of Mestre Ousado... he's a fantastic character isn't he!? I have a capoeira video of him and Mestre Espirro playing a hilarious, inspirational game on my site.

    enjoy!! c.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home